How many things are you frightened of?
Fears, frights and phobias. They are all around us. Someone may be frightened of spiders, while someone else may have a fear of heights. A fear of spiders is called Arachnophobia. A fear of heights is called Acrophobia.
Here are some other common phobias:
- Claustrophobia (Fear of small spaces)
- Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
- Aerophobia (Fear of flying)
- Astraphobia (Fear of thunder and lightning)
- Agoraphobia (Fear of places or situations that make you feel trapped)
- Mysophobia (Fear of germs)
- Glossophobia (Fear of public speaking)
- Coulrophobia (Fear of clowns)
But did you know there are hundreds of scientifically named phobias?
Curious how many there are? Slide on over to Fear Sanctuary and peruse the massive list of phobias there.